As Project Engineer Instrumentation you are responsible for managing a portfolio of projects. This includes engineering, planning, cost control, materials purchasing and contracting in close cooperation with internal specialists. Size of projects is between 800 k$ and 10 M$.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development of a safe project, the most economical execution, while meeting process design, operations and maintenance requirements.
- Provides input to the design of the project (constructability, standards, field checks)
- Responsible for organizing the I&E engineering of projects.
- Liaises between the internal customers (business units), internal specialists, (engineering) contractors, construction group etc.
- Coordinates contracting, bid analysis and supplier selection.
- Coordinates purchasing of materials in cooperation with procurement department.
- Coordinated expediting, inspection of delivered items and Factory acceptance testing.
- Support during Project Construction, Commissioning, Turnover and Start-up
- Responsible cost control, schedule control and project reporting.
- Executes project change administration and engineering contract change follow-up.
- Coordinates As Built and project file documentation.
- Demonstrates strong ownership for safety & quality of work.
- Continually improves functional knowledge & critical working skills.
- Proactively applies engineering and problem solving skills to meet objectives.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Able to handle multiple priorities, manage short deadlines and emergency situations.
- Bachelor degree (as a minimum) in relevant engineering discipline.
- 5+ years professional experience in the E&I area – preferably within an operating company or a major engineering contractor in the Petrochemical or Oil & Gas industry.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of Instrument and Control/Safeguarding system requirements in petrochemical plants.
- Extensive knowledge of safety and construction procedures and practices.
- Experience with project planning and coordination of I&E (part of) projects.
- Familiarity with civil and mechanical skills.
- Familiarity with Engineering International Practices and National/International Codes.